Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Oh my!

From: violet@slip.net
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 1996 14:53:10 -0800
Subject: Oh my!
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

I've been sick sick sick lately and am ages behind in reading my digests of
Love-Hounds.  So I start trying to catch up in a moment of semi-stupor (as
opposed to total stupor) and I read this from Bryan:

>Violet used to say:     Jesus is coming... Look busy.
>Wieland made it into:   Jesus is coming... look for Violet!
>What about this:        Violet is coming.. look for Jesus.
>        I assume Violet has heard "Precious Things"?

Oh my, Bry!  This is just rude!  But I'm laughing, bad girl that I am. :)
Maybe I should repeat my posting here (it's been on RDT already) where I
tell of my childhood desire to marry Jesus.  I had the most major crush on
him!  This was sort of handy, because it sure made going to parochial
school a whole lot easier to, um, swallow.  I used to wish I'd hurry up and
die so I could go to heaven and be his Holy Housewife or something.  Sad,
isn't it?

Being so close to Easter now, the TV is loaded with all my past amours this
week.  My fav babe, Robert Powell in "Jesus of Nazareth," is being
crucified tonight, so it's coming (oops, sorry!) to an end for another
year.  But I can always dig out my video of it if I get too lonely or need
redeeming anytime in the next twelve months.

Oh, since I'm on a holy roll, I agree with Vickie 100% on this:
> But in my world, Jane is Jesus and Happy
>is the Holy Ghost :-). (Tori's Mary Magdaline, Sarah and Sinead
>and others are apostles-apologies if that offends anyone.)

I hope nobody is offended, too.  SOMEONE's got to be the apostles, after all.

I feel the stupor setting in again.  I've sure missed all of you and your
posts while I've been "away."  Write lots of wonderful stuff to entertain
me when I get back on my feet please. :) :) :)

Oh hey, all this talk of Jesus reminds me of something I wanted to tell you
here.  I was eating a fortune cookie the other day, and at times I'm not
exactly known for my optimism.  So when I read the fortune which said, "You
will soon
be in a position to have people look up to you," my first thought was, "Oh
great...that probably means I'm going to be crucified."  Yes, sometimes I
am less than cheerful.  ;)

Violet
xoxox

     +    "If Jesus Christ were to come today, people    +
     +    would not even crucify him.  They would ask    +
     +    him to dinner, and hear what he had to say,    +
     +    and make fun of it."     -- D.A. Wilson        +