Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: *** GIANT KATE NEWS: KaTe's releasing the demos!!! ***

From: "Xenu's Sister" <vickie@miso.wwa.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 1996 03:38:56 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: *** GIANT KATE NEWS: KaTe's releasing the demos!!! ***
To: Wieland Willker <willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de>
Beware: of Scientology and Diantetics
cc: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com
Web: http://miso.wwa.com/~vickie/

On Mon, 1 Apr 1996, Wieland Willker wrote:

> Love-Hounds! It seems that KaTe finally gave in my begging!
>
> Just got a letter from Lisa from the KBC (SAE 13) and she tells us, that
> KaTe is currently picking out a load of demo songs from her archive. She
> was surprised about the good sound quality, but want to noise-reduce them
> professionally. They will come out as a special 20th anniversary edition in
> 1997 (20 years after the official release of Wuthering Heights, I think).

I can confirm this! Kate is sitting in my living room right now (Chris,
aren't you sorry you're in Kansas City? Makes up for that time that
Kate called you while I was at work!) and she said it's true!

She was especially pleased when I told her that my favorite demos
were "Davy," "Frightened Eyes" and "Disbelieving Angel" because
those are her favorites too. She says they'll be the first three
tracks.

I've been showing Kate all the web pages, and she's very pleased,
though a bit embarrassed. I told her all about the upcoming
(as yet unnamed) Gaffaweb, and she said to say thanks to everyone
involved in the project.

She says (yeah, she's looking over my shoulder) to say a special
hi to |>oug, IED, Uli, Karen, Wieland, Stev0 and Chris (she says she
still watches "The Infant kiss" video quite often when she's
showing it to friends) and she still thinks we're all quite mad
(she's laughing...she'll never live that down) but thanks us
for supporting her.

Vickie (the lucky one...)

ps, and she said Chris is right wrt the meaning of "gaffa" HA!