Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Demos: Am I Missing Any? ---Reply

From: COSMICAC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 23:33:27 -0500
Subject: Kate Demos: Am I Missing Any? ---Reply
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Ron Girardin has the "Home Demos" CD on Genuine Pig, and was wondering
whether he was missing any of the sacred demos.  Aside from Organic Acid,
which I am also missing (ARRRRG!), you are missing the KT Bush Band 1975
studio demo of "Moving," which appears only on the "Passing Through Air" CD
on Chapter One, according to The Illustrated Collector's Guide to Kate Bush
by Robert Godwin.  I have this CD and "Moving" is, of course, purely and
simply brilliant, but plagued by the extremely poor sound quality that all of
the KT Bush Band studio demos seem to exhibit.  In my holy quest to hear KaTe
with more clarity, I've managed to find the Genuine Pig CD, "Cathy's Home
Demos" on Blue Moon (identical to the Genuine Pig CD), "Practice Makes
Perfect piano demos no. 1" on Barklee (ditto, sans "Goodnight Baby" and both
versions of "Babooshka" with higher recording levels but the same source,
apparently),  and the twin set of "Passing Through Air" and "If You Could See
Me Fly" on Chapter One (together having all the material on the Genuine Pig
and Blue Moon CD's, plus "Moving" and taken from the same source,
apparently).  After close listening, I have concluded that all are from the
same master, based on the fact that the pops in the vinyl "master" are
identical at the beginning of "Babooshka" version one, and because the sound
more or less alike.  I am looking for "Alone At My Piano" on Ukinel, which
according to the Collector's Guide is the best digital version.  I also hold
out hope that some kind Love-Hound (yoU know who you are!) will take pity on
my poor, tormented soul and make available to me a tape copy of the (vinyl?)
set that has the between song sounds and more clarity, or the (gasp!) most
sacred and holy "Kathy Demos" 7" singles (Volumes 1-5), which are long since
out of print.  The demos are OUTSTANDING!!!  My 5 month old daughter likes to
dance to them with her daddy, need
I say more?

          Brad Trushin