Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

All the Love

From: COSMICAC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 22:54:51 -0500
Subject: All the Love
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Putnins mentioned "All the Love" as a conceptually related song that really
touches her.  Anyone who has had to experience the unfortunate loss of a
loved one (in this case my father) can understand what KaTe so
characteristically captured with uncanny insight in the composition,
performance and production of "All the Love."  Whether it is in the
expression of the joys and fears of pregnancy in "The Kick Inside,"  the
introspective and brutally frank description of the power of the intimate
feminine form to a man in "The Warm Room,"  the ancient mystery and parodox
of "Egypt," or the eloquent and frightening examination of the dark side of
the maternal bond with a child in "Mother Stands for Comfort,"  KaTe has a
profound level of insight into matters seemingly beyond her years and her
experiences.  This is one of the most attractive aspects of KaTe's music to
me, and perhaps the main reason why I always come back to it and immediately
become the same kid who stayed up late 17 years ago and saw and heard KaTe
for the first time singing TMwtCiHE on SNL and was BLOWN AWAY...

          Brad Trushin