Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate and Tori - Eerie Similarities [REPOST]

From: violet@slip.net
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 13:21:08 -0800
Subject: Re: Kate and Tori - Eerie Similarities [REPOST]
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

mcullen wrote:
>As a fan of both Kate and Tori, I have noticed certain Eerie Similarities
>between these two artists.
>
>1. Their names are both two words of four letters each, with two vowels in
>the same positions in the first name.

I have noticed this.  I joke with friends that if I put out an album, I'm
going to change my name to "Bali Otis."  Think it'll sell well? :)

>3. The first single from Kate's album was "Rubberband Girl". The first
>from Tori's was "Cornflake Girl".
>7. Their songs have had similar themes. "God" and "Deal with God".
>"Mother" and "Mother Stands For Comfort". "Me and a Gun" and "James and
>the Cold Gun".

There are a lot more.  One being "Under Ice" and "Icicle."  (I've also seen
"Under Ice" equated with "Under the Pink.")  And the two women share pet
images, references to "white horses" being one that hits me right away.  I
don't have a list of everything, so my examples are rather sparse, but I've
noticed much more at various times.  I know other people here have too.
I've seen very clever comparisons on L-H before.

>10. Finally, they are very nearly the only two female musicians to have
>newsgroups devoted to them.

Am I wrong in thinking that this is not even close to being true?

Violet
xoxox

        +   "Disco isn't dead.  It just smells that way."   +