Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Request 4 info - Australia-wide radio show segment on Kate Bush!!

From: Richard Frost <rfrost@serf.asn.au>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 01:22:34 +0930
Subject: Request 4 info - Australia-wide radio show segment on Kate Bush!!
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Australia has a government-funded alternative radio station
called JJJ FM. It is broadcast Australia-wide.

The _producer_ of this station rang me today and told me that they
were doing a "J-File" on Kate Bush! The J-File segment is a popular
segment on JJJ discussing rare & interesting info on music artists.

Here is a great chance to increase the exposure of this fine group
and related web pages (Bill Wisner - What is happening with regard to
the ultimate Kate Web page?).

I told him I was not a 'guru' but I did know alot of gurus on the
net via the "gaffa" newsgroup/mailing list.

I asked him to email me his requests for information. I would
pass them on to the mailing list and compile the responses
for his segment.

Apparently he has a RARE early demo of Kate Bush, back when she was
using Dave Gilmour's audio studio. He is willing to send me an
audio copy of this - which I can distribute to the mailing list!.

He is interested in the early period of Kate Bush's career
when she worked with Dave Gilmour.

Here are his questions: --  Please forward all responses to:

info at the end of the show.

========================cut here================================

Re: Our conversation today ..

I'll be putting together a 15 to 20 minute piece tracing Kate Bush's
career to the present day.

The material we have at the moment includes a Triple J interview in 1978
just prior to the release of Lionheart, a news report from 1980 with
Kate Bush's talking about a visit to Australia, and promo interviews - 1982
(The Dreaming) and 1985 (Hounds of Love).

Specific help I would like is :

   Recommendations and access to audio of good broadcast quality interviews.

   More information about Kate's relationship with Australia ...

      * Dates, details and reasons why Kate's family visited Australia in 1964.

      * Audio and details of Kate's appearance at  TV King of Pop awards in 1978
        or anything else from that visit.

      * Did Kate visit Australia in 1980 for "Never for Ever" ? I don't
        recall that she came here then - I suspect the news report I have
        is talking about her 78 visit)

      * Any other Australian visits or associations.

   I would also like a copy of one of Kate's early demos to illustrate the
   development that took place for the first album.

   Any support will be appreciated.

      Chris Norris
      Producer Triple J

Look forward to your responses!..