Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: AND DREAM OF CHORDS

From: btd@carina.cray.com (Bryan Dongray)
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 1996 12:24:43 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: AND DREAM OF CHORDS
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi Wayne,

> Thanks so much Bryan. It was such a relief that you heard the same thing.

I had not yet tried playing that one, so was not looking out of
the differences between what I have, and what I hear. Thank YOU for
pointing these things out.

> I forgot to add one more note to the puzzle. On the second chord over the E
> bass I hear an added 9th(F#), which would make it E E6added9 F#m7/E B/E.

Hmmm, that's a stretch. Maybe I'm playing in the wrong octave, but that
sounds not just right, and my fingers cannot really reach the higher F#.
Perhaps I'm misguided by starting at the wrong place. I just started
at what made it easy (more flowing) to change between those chords.

> And I still hear the Bmaj/E not Bsus4/E. Try it Violet and let me know what
> you think.

Yes Violet, you sound like a better player than me!

			Bryan Dongray

PS The reason you bought a "boot" is because it's so hard to get
the real thing, I blame EMI, not you. Maybe you should simply send
a cheque to KaTe? She'd be the only one to be able to deposit it,
just an idea?