Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

AND DREAM OF CHORDS

From: spike45@sos.sos.net (monroe/fisher)
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 1996 09:09:51 -0800
Subject: AND DREAM OF CHORDS
To: Love-Hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Thanks so much Bryan. It was such a relief that you heard the same thing. I
forgot to add one more note to the puzzle. On the second chord over the E
bass I hear an added 9th(F#), which would make it E E6added9 F#m7/E B/E.
And I still hear the Bmaj/E not Bsus4/E. Try it Violet and let me know what
you think.

I am not a good musician and never will be but I still love to play. When I
do I'm usually improvising, "composing". It's like a ride and you never know
what's around the corner. Just plain fun and an obsession. A source of joy
and frustration, and I don't know why I have to keep doing it. I believe
most people who love music could write there own. I hear it in my head but
have never learned to get it down before it is lost. Those that can are rare
and have found a way of tapping into their creativity without any
interferance. I wish I could lose that static. So is it a gift or a skill
that can be learned? Or is the skill a gift? I will never be a good musician
for two reasons; too lazy and stiff fingers that cramp up on me (will
probably have arthritis as it runs in my family).

Do you ever wonder what Kate hears when she hears her own music? I mean she
is so close to every detail there may be no mystery at all. I know when I
listen to Kate I'm always thinking "how did she ever think of that? Just
genius."

Bryan wrote:
>Sorry to bore a bit more,
Not boring at all to me Bryan. In fact this discussion about musicians is
one of the most interesting (non-Kate topic) I've seen on this list.

OK now a Kate topic:
Purchased a b**t called THIS WOMAN'S WORK III. It has You Want Alchemy on it
which I had never heard before, but have heard it mentioned here. Well now I
feel terrible about buying the cd. When I bought the Demo's I justified it
by convincing myself that Kate will never release these and if she did I
would buy them again for a better quality. I know YWA was released
commercially (where? BTW) but didn't think about it at the time. I just had
to hear this song. It's not going to be easy but I will not do this
again.;-) no really.:(

Bye for now.
Wayne

PS. Thanks Wieland for IN PRAISE OF KATE BUSH.