Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Oh my...

From: Wieland Willker <willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 1996 09:55:10 -0100
Subject: Oh my...
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Dear Mandy,

I'm very sorry! Really!
I know, I often write silly things and shit here!

You wrote:
>I'm usually not the kind of person to retaliate to unprovoked
>personal insults,and I certainly didn't expect them here, but
>you really are a twat, arn't you Wieland (and with a name like
>that, I wouldn't throw stones if I were you).Grow up.

Wieland: "I can't!" - M.R.: "He can't!"
:-)

>I don't remember anyone calling me mandy "pandy" since school.

This is funny (yes!), because I meant is as a kind of compliment! You know,
I just looked up the names from MoP for LH lately and there was Jon Kelly,
KaTe refers to as  "Andy Pandy". That's all.
I see now that it went completely wrong! :-(

>You obviously are the kind of person who is immature, intolerant,
>and just downright arrogant. In fact, the antipathy of the spirit
>of Kate's music.

You're right on everything! Obviously I am just that! (You forgot "egoistic"!)
And I feel very sorry.
I wrote:
>>Hmmm, but I've already filed you under: "People who have absolutely not
>>the slightest idea what they are talking about."  :-)
This sentence was meant as a joke (I indicated it with a smiley to make
sure). You know, somebody who can hear "funny cigarettes" on BSL... The
problem is, my English is very bad and sometimes I just use the wrong words!
Can you forgive me? I didn't want to hurt you!! Mandy! I read your mails
always with delight. And it was fun to investigate BSL and Lily again! Yeah!
Can you accept it as a joke? Can you forgive me?

What can I do? Oh my...

"My shoes perhaps?" -  Some quotes?

"She laughs a lot (even at your own unfunny jokes), chats a lot and looks
for the good
in everything. "   (TRACKS 1989)

"We're a funny race, we give each other such a hard time, don't you think?
One thing we take very, very seriously is this whole business of taking the
piss, the whole stuff about irony. I think there's a real integrity about us
under all the layers and our sense of humour is so strong."  (Q, Dec. 1993)

And I can even accept rude jokes about KaTe now: Remember "Rocket's Tail"?
You know: "Rocket's Tail, not what you might think?"
It is reported that she find this interpretation "hysterically funny". And
remember the Young Ones episode with'KaTe' and Neil as a contraceptive? She
finds this funny, too! I also like that one!

Can you laugh a bit about yourself, Mandy? Can you?
I definitely can! Ask Violet about that!

The case of George the Wipe
Oh God I can't stop laughing
This sense of humour of mine
It isn't funny at all
Oh but we sit up all night
Talking about it.

Mandy? Puleeeze!!!

I swear, at the next Convention I will shout out loud into the silence:
"Mandy Heath! Are you here? It's meeeee!"
And I will look for the child in your eyes!

Best wishes
    Wieland, a loyal deciple of KaTe the one and only God.

PS: Oh, what a mess...

    "Oh my God it's a jungle in here..."