Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: For TA and KB completists

From: chrisw@miso.wwa.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 96 02:26:11 GMT
Subject: Re: For TA and KB completists
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

>  Hello,
>  Disclaimer:  There are those that would be disturbed by this(nudity) but
>there are those that would want to know: A skin mag titled Celebrity
>Sleuth has the names Kate Bush and Tori Amos on the cover this month.

   What's amazing is how few nude pictures of Madonna they featured.
I thought the Surgeon General sent out nude pictures of Madonna to
every US household several years ago.

   One very positive point about all this...it proves fairly conclusively
that there are *no* nude pictures of Kate. If the editors of this magazine
couldn't find 'em, they don't exist.

   Actually, I was quite surprised by the quotes they used. Somebody
there looked through the archives/Garden/Cloudbusting, as they used
the famous "I suppose the poster is reasonably sexy just 'cause you
can see my tits" one.

>  KaTe is just a copy in B+W of the poster in the skin tight workout suit.

   It also features a picture of frizzy-haired woman holding a bass, who
is definitely *not* Kate on the letters page, implying that this person
is Kate. Quite silly. If my memory is clear, the image was from an early
1970s "National Lampoon". The woman in the picture is an a-cup at the
most.

>  Tori is a photo from the Oz tour: seated on the piano bench w/out
>underwear.  Apparently mentioned in Aus. newsrags.  She *had* to know
>this would happen,IMHO.

   I'd doubt the veracity of this picture if the booklet of her recent CD
*didn't* feature her suckling a piglet.

>  Liz Phair, Melissa Etheridge,Courtney Love and others are also present.

   One of the odd things is the *negative* comparison of Tori to Kate:
"She has to move an awful lot to be interesting; her sugary, commercial
tunes are affected affairs reminisicent to the worst of Laura Nyro and Kate
Bush". Yeah, right...like anyone reading this magazine is the slightest
bit interested in music...

--
Chris Williams of
Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago