Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Shocked

From: Russ Cable <rcable@kdsi.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 16:52:49 -0600
Subject: Re: Shocked
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Zandra Marie Pavicic wrote:

>         Has anyone heard of Michelle Shocked??  She has several albums
> that are easy to find but I haven't been able to get any of her more
> recent sounds (since she went on her own from the previous record
> label).
>
>         Does anyone, by any chance, know how I can get any of the
> more current albums??  She must be still out there.  I just have
> no concept where!
>
>         Koszonom szepen!
>
>         "Engineering as a social experiment!"
> Virginia Polytechnical Institute and State University

The official Michelle Shocked website is at
http://www.shellshock.com

This site has tons of current info including her current touring
schedule, merchandise ordering, bio, discography, lyrics, etc.

Her latest album is "Kind-Hearted Woman" from 1994.
It is currently "self-released" and is only sold at her shows or can be
mail ordered (address is somewhere at the above site).  However, it is
supposed to be "re-released" April 9 by Polygram and then be available
in stores.  The "re-released" version of the album is totally
re-recorded, but contains the same songs.

-- Ransom Cable
What were we doing in a nebula?
Let's stop pretending, we're not going home -
we're exploring every cubic millimeter of this quadrant!
- "Star Trek: Voyager" - It's self-MiSTing!