Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Just a joke, no Kate content

From: violet@slip.net
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 1996 08:21:51 -0800
Subject: Just a joke, no Kate content
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Stu wrote:
>Go stand in that
>corner and beat yourself with a rolled up copy of Homeground until I tell
>you to stop!

And this reminded me of one of my favorite jokes.  This has nothing to do
with Kate, but I guarantee you that this won't bother you when you're
repeating it to all your friends for the rest of the week. ;)  It goes like
this:

A cop is sitting and watching a stop sign.  After only a few minutes, a car
comes along and does a (Hollywood stop/California
stop/whatever-it-is-called-
in-your-town-when-someone-just-slows-down-at-a-stop-sign-instead-of-stopping
stop).  The cop pulls the guy over and tells him, "I'm giving you a ticket
because you ran that stop sign back there."  The guy says, " But I slowed
down." And the cop says, "You didn't STOP."  And the guy again says, "But I
slowed down."  So the cop has the guy get out of the car and he begins to
beat him with his nightstick.  "Now," the officer says, "do you want me to
stop, or do you want me to slow down?"

nyuck, nyuck, nycuk

I like that joke.  My ex was a cop and he's the one that told it to me.  He
had motorists say that to him all the time -- "But I slowed down..." -- so
he would tell them that joke.  It seemed to get the idea across to them and
made them laugh, too.

Violet
xoxox

        +       "Jesus is coming... Look busy."         +