Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

DELIUS VIDEO

From: spike45@sos.sos.net (monroe/fisher)
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 07:59:08 -0800
Subject: DELIUS VIDEO
To: Love-Hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Was watching my Kate boot video recently (had not played it for years due to
the extreme poor quality). Well anyway there is one segment with Kate doing
Delius on stage in a kind of butterfly costume. I love this. The poor
quality gives it this dreamy/cloudy look which seems to fit the setting. The
mix also sounds different. There is a picture from this performance on Page
11 in Kate Bush Complete.
Also on this video is Kate doing BABOOSHKA in split face make up playing
both characters of the song. Afterwards she sits down with a C&W group of
guys who proceed to make complete asses of themselves. Kate looks very
uncomfortable and my skin crawls as I watch this. These guys are not
American and it seems to be their show on British tv. Who are these guys?
The video was given to me by a friend and is the only Kate boot video I have
besides THE SINGLE FILE.

I hope there are some musicians out there that can help me with this one.
When HOL first came out I was just learning to play the piano (still am, No
lessons). I love Under the Ivy and And Dream of Sheep so I wanted to figure
out how to play them,so I did. A couple of years later I found the Complete
Kate Bush. Well I had all the chords to Under the Ivy right, but one chord
on And Dream of Sheep is different than what I had been playing. "If they
find me racing white horses".
E bass with E,E6,F#m7,Bsus4. I have always played Bmaj over an E bass, not
Bsus4, and the Bmaj still sounds correct to me. Maybe my ear is not so good?
Someone out there--
 Help me please.

One more thing. Has anyone else noticed that even though Kate has never made
it big in the U.S., many mainstream artist have been listening to her. I've
been hearing slight infuences in other artists for several years.

Best Kate Album (Best album by anyone ever): HOUNDS OF LOVE

Bye for now
Wayne