Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds digest V12 #87

From: SamiT007@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 01:35:15 -0500
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds digest V12 #87
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

>>In Rocket's Tail, the Trio sings a line I can't understand (go
>figure!)
>>that sounds like they're saying "Oh, Aquila, oh Aquila"  am I WAY off?
>> Anyway, I'm curious because the only reference I can find to an Aquila is
>>the New Testament.  Maybe this is just on of those silly things I'm pulling
>>out of left field.  (Perhaps they're singing, Got a beer for me? Oh, got a
>>beer for me...) :-)

>Or maybe "Oh tequila, oh tequila?"  Just being helpful.  I wish I could
>check for sure, but my Bulgarian is a little rusty. ;)

Hi Violet--thanks for your input!  'twas quite helpful... until I was taking
some cold-medicine tonight for my nasty little head-cold.  As the burning
menthol liquid drizzled down my throat, it suddenly occured to me what the
Trio are actually singing.  I ran to my CD player, and cued up the CD to the
2:50 and 2:56 marks in "Deeper Understanding" and the 2:10 mark in "Rocket's
Tail" and upon a more concentrated/focused listening session, I discovered my
cold-medicine ephiphany was correct:  the Trio are singing "Oh, Nyquil oh
Nyquil."  I can deeply understand their desire to eternalize and worship a
remedy such as this.  Tomorrow, when I wake up from my Nyquil-induced
hangover, I will have forgotten this entire event, and will have the joy of
discovering it again!  :)

P.S.  I'm naming my first-born male child "Aquila"--if I catch anyone else
"stealing" this name, I will have to force you to eternally listen to the
three seconds (or so) of the Trio's cute little promotion for Nyquil.

P.P.S.  And Violet...I love the "Chocolate Factory, too"  My lifetime quote
is taken from it--"We are the dreamers of the dreams.  We are the makers of
the music."--Willy Wonka

T.T.F.N.
~~Samantha