Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: Old post making it's debut

From: "Forward, Jonathan" <JForward@sitgbsd1.telecom.com.au>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 96 16:07:00 EST
Subject: RE: Old post making it's debut
To: "rec.music.gaffa" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Encoding: 45 TEXT
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

 Violet wrote:

> ...my head fell off and it took me until today to find it. :)

 Don't worry - some people never find them.

> Wieland asks (regarding "Rare Flower"), "What about the 'of' after
> the whisper?"  Well, it's just her musical phrasing of the word.
> Notation of details like this is always tough, but it's something
> like "whis-pa-er," however you would transcribe a quirk like that.

 Yes - definitely "whis-pa-er", although I am similarly terminologically-
 challenged when it comes to a more technical description. Where's a word
 like ***MELISMATIC*** (trumpets) when you need it?

> To add my own nitpicking remark to Rolf's, who made mention of lyrics
> to "Feeling Like a Waltz" listed somewhere and quoted the line "L'amour
> --mon choux avec un etranger:  I'm surprised by that line to begin
> with.  See, I believe it's "L'amour marche avec un etranger" which is
> "Love walks with a stranger" meaning of course that love is with
> someone somewhere, but certainly not with her.

 Good suggestion, although would it not be marcher? Mon choux always
 makes me think cauliflowers rather than love anyway, so I'm grateful
 for your interpretation.

>  In Kate,
>  Violet  xoxox

 Lovely.

>  "I think the world would be much        \
>  better off if everyone wouldn't          \ Violet, tongue firmly
>  share their thoughts, but would          /          in cheek  ;*
>  just THINK them."                       /

 I'd be happy if more people thought.

 TSB

 P.S. especially if they thought "I must go out and buy all Kate's CDs"