Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

katemas etc

From: R.Jones@mirinz.org.nz
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 1996 10:20 +1200
Subject: katemas etc
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

     I don't personally have a problem with the term 'Katemas'. Sure, if
     you prounounce it 'Kayt-mass' it sounds a bit clunky and indeed
     suggests something resembling the Michelin man. However, I prefer the
     pronounciation 'KTmiss' ie kay-tee-miss (similar to the way people
     pronounce Christmas 'chrismiss'). This has a nice ring to it don't you
     think. Using a term that reflects her Irish roots, while interesting,
     might not be appropriate. After all, she is more English than Irish
     (by virtue of the Bush lineage and place of birth/upbringing).
     Furthermore, her maternal lineage is only one of several major factors
     that influence her music.

     So, who votes to keep kay-tee-miss?