Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Smurf?

From: Wieland Willker <willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 1996 13:20:43 -0100
Subject: Smurf?
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hello friends,

IED wrote:
>And Wieland agrees:
> > It IS Smurf.
> > Al Murphy was known to her as Smurf.
>IED doesn't know where these two usually authoritative
>Kate Bushologists got their information from, but, on
>the contrary, the lyric sheet clearly has " 'S Murph", the
>contraction almost certainly referring either to "It's"
>or to "There's".

I think I was to fast with my statement. Thanks for paying attention!
The only evidence for "Smurf" I could find were two LH mails deducing this
from the song, and HG 48 p. 5 where PDFM writes "Smurf". I vaguely remember
reading it elsewhere too, but can't remember where. I'm not sure
anymore. Chris, do you have any evidence for "Smurf"? I'm sorry about this
possibly false information.

Len wrote:
> It almost broke my heart when I heard of his death, and I'm sure it broke
> hers.

>From The Sun, Oct, 21st 1989:
A spokesman for Kate said she was "absolutely devastated".

>From Daily Mirror, Nov, 4th 1989:
Singer Kate Bush wept yesterday at the graveside of her former guitarist
Alan Murphy, who died of AIDS.
Chart-topper Kate was too upset to talk about 35-year-old Alan after the
service. She buried her face in her brother John's shoulder as she left the
cemetery in Great Burstead, Essex.
Among the flowers at the grave was a huge bunch of red lilies and laurel
leaves from Kate. They were signed with two kisses.

"They kiss me with tears."
               --Kate Bush

XOXOX