Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds digest V12 #79

From: SamiT007@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 01:57:14 -0500
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds digest V12 #79
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

> I heard Blow Away for the first time, and I realised it was my dream
>and I had been going to the room "full of visitors," the white room.  I was
>really stunned, it was so strange that I would have a dream of a song I'd
>never heard, but it was clear to me that that's what had happened.

Violet,

Raise your hands to the Strange Phenomena!

I myself have had premonitory dreams about music, natural disasters, usually
bad things, but some trivial things.  Thing is, I never know until AFTER the
event happens that THAT is the one from my dream.

In 1984 (is that the correct year) I had my first music-related premonitory
dream.  The weekend before the MTV world premier of "Here Comes the Rain
Again" video by the Eurythmics, I dreamed it.  I woke up the next day and the
dream had made such an impression on me that I sat my little sister down and
told her about it in detail.  The following Thursday evening, at 8p.m. CST,
my sister and I glued our noses to MTV eagerly anticipating the video.  When
it began playing, we both freaked, for it was EXACTLY what I had described to
her.  I still wonder why did I dream this?  I'd had no opportunity to see any
of the video before this--I was a fourteen year old kid in New Orleans who
agonized over never meeting John Taylor of Duran Duran.  I wasn't
particularly interested much in the Eurythmics or Annie Lennox (of course,
that was the pivotal moment that changed THAT for me!)  So, I've never
understood why I would dream the exact story and scene of a video, especially
since in the scheme of things, it's really a trivial matter.  Strange...

I've also had other premonitory dreams.  The night before the Space Shuttle
Challenger blew up, guess what I dreamed.  The Thursday before the Oklahoma
City bombing, guess what I dreamed about.  The first time I went to Estes
Park, Colorado I was thirteen.  Upon entering the town, I realized that it
was the town that I'd visited in a dream when I was eight years old--a dream
I loved to recall for how vivid and beautiful it was.  These are just a few.

Last night I dreamed I was at a conference of women artists.  I was an usher.
 Kate Bush sat next to Pat Benetar, and they both sat across the table from
(!!!) Hillary Clinton (what she doing there, I haven't figured out.)  The
building the conference was in began to burn. Although I was an usher,  I was
just a volunteer, not trained in emergencies.  I freaked out.  Kate, all
dressed in black pants and a black turtleneck and black cardigan and black
boots, grabbed me, whipped out a pencil-flashlight and guided me out of the
building, then ran back in to help more people.  In my dream, Kate Bush saved
my life...

Well, I've had many other Kate dreams, but I'll save them for another day...

Ta-Ta,

Samantha