Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Stirring up the hornet's nest....

From: brian_jones@ajc.com (Brian Jones)
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 1996 09:54:39 -0400
Subject: Re: Stirring up the hornet's nest....
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

In article <960305195624_238487202@mail02.mail.aol.com>,
Stikmanjim@aol.com wrote:

> masterpiece's  value  isn't always dictated  by how many people buy it . We
> all have a great musical secret.  Have you ever played KT for a friend? It's

Yes. Blank stares. Of course, they did not have the need for it that she
fulfilled for you & me. Or they had that need fulfilled for them by
someone else, unimagineable as that may seem.

It happens a lot when I play stuff for people that they wouldn't hear on
their local mainstream alternative pop station. They are aware that my
radio doesn't go past 91.9, and are leery of anything I might play for
them because of that.

And, I was on the delivering end of one of these blank stares when a
friend of mine played me HOL before I was ready. (Yes, in an earlier
thread, I said I'd been a KateFan since TKI. Now I remember better, and
that wasn't true. I loved TKI but didn't bother with any of her other
stuff until shortly after this friend & I parted ways. And no, she wasn't
a lover or a potential lover, but I was in a time of great need and I
remember stirrings from those listenings that I had to explore. TRIH.)

Regards, Brian

| Is that an enormous chip on your shoulder, or are you just       |