Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate's looks...

From: brian_jones@ajc.com (Brian Jones)
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 1996 13:57:12 -0400
Subject: Re: Kate's looks...
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

In article <4hgpp6$ffm@ixnews3.ix.netcom.com>, qualmi@ix.netcom.com
(NightEyes) wrote:

> cloner2!ix.hell.com@uunet.uu.net (barnster) wrote:
>
> >There's been much talk recently in this newsgroup regarding who
> >Kate resembles.  (I've added that she looks like Joan Collins.)
> >But I really wonder, what if Kate was an ugly woman, would all of
> >you still enjoy her music?
>
>         Honestly? Yes. Though physical appearances often help or even launch a
> career in music, acting, what have you, it's the talent and spirit
> that overrides the appearance in the end.

I'm with NightEyes. Consider The Roches, quite plain-looking women whose
music (when it's working...some albums have definite shortcomings) is pure
magic. See "The Roches" or "A Dove", their twin classics, especially "Maid
Of The Seas" from the latter.

Brian

| Is that an enormous chip on your shoulder, or are you just       |