Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: more about Gaffa

From: brian_jones@ajc.com (Brian Jones)
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 1996 13:47:22 -0400
Subject: Re: more about Gaffa
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

In article <9603021219.AA05471@maui.theoinf.tu-ilmenau.de>,
Rolf.Peukert@Theoinf.TU-Ilmenau.DE (Rolf Peukert) wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> yesterday I wasted some net bandwidth to find out about the
> ever-increasing meanings of Gaffa.
> Is anybody from Denmark reading this? Looks like there's a
> newspaper named Gaffa.

I found this in the dark recesses of my mind, but somebody else will have
to process it for me:

We all know & love the song from which this group takes its name, but I've
found a possible reference to it on TSW, viz:

"Mmmm, Yes,
Then I'd taken the kiss of seedcake back from his mouth"
                                         --Kate, "The Sensual World"

Has anybody mentioned that there is a type of seedcake, "Jaffa Cake"...and
that I once lost a spelling bee by starting "gymnasium" with a "j" instead
of a "g"...and that therefore KaTe could've been referring to my
experience albeit in a very roundabout way...

You see the hazards when I process information. I think it's pretty
interesting, even without the part about me & the spelling bee. Anybody
else picked up on this?

Dee a dum dum doo...
Brian

| Is that an enormous chip on your shoulder, or are you just       |