Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Stuff

From: Emmy May Lombaerts <lombaeg@mail.interpac.be>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 1996 18:58:38 +0100
Subject: Stuff
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hello everyone,

bt18@cityscape.co.uk (Allan Toombs)

>Anyone know if Kate's in the studio and when EMI project the next album
>release? Surely we're due something about now?

      As always, dates for the new album, even the very mention of a new
album are a total mystery.. As always our patience will be tested and we
hope eventually awarded.. You can't break open a flower and you can't rush
Kate. She'll be back with new material when she feels she's ready.. A yet
undecided moment between here and eternity..  The long gaps between the
albums aren't the nicest thing about being a KaTeFan, but at least we know
the wait'll be worth it. :)

Then white_samurai@usa.pipeline.com (White Samurai) wrote:

[Under The Ivy]
>I have the lyrics, of course, but could someone please point the way to a
>Katexplanation of the story? I get the basics, but what else am I missing
>- -?

     Hmm, I dunno what Kate's real meaning behind 'UTI' is, but to me it
sounds very much like she's reminiscing her childhood.. Under the ivy, her
own special place, where all the secrets she had as a kid are hidden, where
she felt safe.. Children always have these secrets.. the special kind, about
their fantasy-world and the games they play and small bits of what adults
would call gossip.. I think that's what Kate is referring to. Nostalgia to
her childhood and the little kid that's still inside her heart. I wonder
what all the other Love-Hounds think about this.

barney stepped forth and said:

> I've always thought that Kate looks very like Joan Collins.

     Hmm, Kate as Alexis Colby? Gosh.. I hope not :) Mary Steenburgen is the
actress who reminds me the most of Kate (particularly in 'Dead Of Winter')
and sometimes Victoria Principal as well, as far as build and facial
expressions go.

>But I really wonder, what if Kate was an ugly woman, would all of
>you still enjoy her music?

     Well, that wouldn't change her beautiful voice or musical abilities..
Without the looks. obviously EMI couldn't have marketed her the way they did
at the beginning of her career, and leotards would probably have been a
no-no. But then again, if Kate weren't so good looking, there would probably
be more real fans and less gawkers.. And gawkers probably never liked Kate
for her music in the first place, so..

 And finally, I see Wieland our demo-God is back.. time for some more work
on my lyrics-page it seems :)

           Later folks,

                        Emmy.

Emmy May Lombaerts
lombaeg@mail.interpac.be        Krd@www.dma.be

http://www.dma.be/p/bewoner/Krd/

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-
'And Is It Right, Butterfly, They like You Better Framed And Dried?' ~ Tori Amos
o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-