Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Australian Fan meets East Wickham Farm (1986)

From: Wieland Willker <willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 1996 12:24:07 -0100
Subject: Australian Fan meets East Wickham Farm (1986)
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

We went to London with Lisa by train met up with P.&J., caught the train to
Welling and walked to the local pub "Funny on the Hill" (honest!) and
waited while the other three went off to East Wickham farm to confront the
Bush parents and leave their presents for Kate. They got back about 1/2 an
hour later and said that there had been no sign of Kate, but her parents
were expecting us.
We duly approached, made our way through the jungle and knocked on the
door. It was answered by a rather loose limbed chap with bristly hair and a
reddish face (it was Kate's dad though I hadn't realized!). I asked to see
Kate's Ma and she came and directed us to the living room, where there were
two other Kate fans. We chatted to Dr. Bush for ages and Mrs. Bush brought
us lots of refreshments, cakes, biskuits etc. Then all of a sudden SHE
walked in!!! We didn't even think she was there! Anyway, rather shakily, I
introduced myself and gave her my present and card, which she accepted
gracefully and to my shock and delight gave me a kiss!! I was all shaky and
funny and said silly things.. "When are you going to tour Australia? You
can come and stay at my house." Yes, I said that. She giggled. She talked
to us fo about ten minutes or so, but I was so utterly stunned I had
trouble believing it!
She was dressed in mute shorts (she had really brown legs) with bright
green lace socks and dessertboot things. Her hair was really long and
reddish and was held up by two scroll combs. She didn't have any make up on
and also wore a big T-shirt. Anyway, she had to go off for a birthday party
and had to rush. We stayed and chatted to Dr. Bush (I was still in shock)
about Australia and Mrs. Bush kindly invited me back. In a way I still
can't believe it. She was wonderful...
                                       (Dreamtime, No. 11)