Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Red Shoes - movie

From: zigory@aol.com (Zigory)
Date: 3 Mar 1996 04:46:57 -0500
Subject: Re: The Red Shoes - movie
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Just to add to the bizarre coincidences regarding Kate and David Sylvian
and the Archers:  I absolutely love the films of Powell and the Archers, I
absolutely love Kate Bush's work and I am irresistably drawn to all the
works of Sylvian and Japan, though I can't figure out why; I don' t really
love most of it but I find it compelling and original, as Kate is
compelling and original.  Actually, I can say I do love the Japan album
Obscure Alternatives and I never get tired of it, which is also true of
Kate's albums and the Archers' films.

By the way, does anyone know how I could get a copy of Jansen-Barbieri's
album? (They were in Japan). And how does it sound?  Does anyone have Mick
Karn's solo albums? How are they?