Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Religious Experience

From: kahl0818@uwwvax.uww.edu
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 1996 09:57:41 CST
Subject: Religious Experience
To: Love-Hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hello my Love-Hounds,

Hey, the craziest thing happened to me last night.  I was feeling a bid depressed,
(I'm sure you understand "History Test"), so I went downstairs to the basement in
our dorms where I discovered a piano.  I didn't know it was there before so I went
back to my room grabed TSW and my portable cd player.  I decided I would try to learn
how to play This Womans Work.  I never played like I did last night.  It was great.

I even had some girls stop in and tell me that they thought it was beautiful.  I did
not hesitate to sieze that oppurtunity to preach about Kate.

Does anyone know if there is any Kate sheet music out there.  The only music I've seen is
the book with all of her lyrics in it and it has the melody line in it.

In reference to the topic, "What Kate song does most for you emotionaly" (or somthing
like that) I would have to say This Womans Work.  Every time I see that video I am
crying by the end.  KATE, WHY MUST YOU TORMENT ME!  But I asure you I welcome the pain.

My aunt just had a baby after being maried for 7 years.  She talked with me about some
of the feelings she was having.  She said, "I love Grady (the baby) very much, but it
is sort of sad the time Michael (her husband) and I have lost together."  I promptly
played for her This Womans Work and we just sat there and cryed together.

Thanks for listning.

Your overly sensitive, but tries to be macho, fello postie,

Michael

... oo, its hard on the man...