Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate & demos

From: btd@carina.cray.com (Bryan Dongray)
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 20:30:43 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: Kate & demos
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

spike45@sos.sos.net (monroe/fisher) on Sun, 25 Feb 1996 11:17:15 wrote:
> These EP's are now in storage in CA. and I thought I wouldn't be able to
> hear them for some time, but I found a copy on a tape I made years ago. Some
> of the titles are different so at first I thought you might be talking about
> some other demos I had never heard of. Here are the titles that appear on
> the EPs:

Interesting, I'll put the titles the Phoenix Broadcast used (and as
we believe are probably closest to Kates intended, not that it really
matters, since it's the content that matters). Although I'm guessing
on some, so I'll indicate so (with a *):

> KASHKA FROM BAGDAD
	Kashka from Baghdad
> CAMILA
	Surrender into the Roses
> OH TO BE IN LOVE
	Oh To Be in Love
> IN MY LOVER'S ROOM
	Rinfy the Gypsy		*
> SNOW BOWL
	On Fire Inside a Snowball
> FERRY ME OVER
	Dali
> ON THE ROCK
	Where Are the Lionhearts
> VIOLIN
	Violin
> CRAFT OF LOVE
	Craft Of Love
> EDDIE
	THe Gay Farewell
> GARDEN BY THE WILLOW
	Something Like A Song

The * one, Kate does not actually sing "Room" in Rinfy the Gypsy,
personally I always think of "Chamber" instead of "Room", to go
with the classic "Goosey Goosey Gander" nursery rhyme.

			Bryan Dongray

PS Treat your vinyl with care, it wears out. I have a totally worn
out HoL vinyl, I must have played it a zillion time, luckily my
CD version is lasting longer!