Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: China

From: c9204374@student.anu.edu.au (Dan)
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 10:49:37 +1100
Subject: Re: China
To: Love-Hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

        IMHO you can't just disregard a country because you don't like the
way they do some things; such as branding political dissidants as
criminals. I personally don't agree with their morals or ethics but then
again For a country their size they are handling the population quite well
and keeping crime down to well below western levels. When I was living
there, I did not encounter or hear about much violent crime (you are always
going to get theft when there is poverty and wealth). And before you tirade
about the fact that I wouldn't hear about it anyway that is not true
because the main newspapers and TV stations may be censored but there are
many other ways for news to travel. That is a remarkable achievement in
itself to keep crime that low and make it safer to walk the streets at
night.

        As for the nuclear missiles aimed at the US, try and tell me with a
straight face that the US aren't aiming their missiles at the Chinese and
keeping their war machine well oiled. Every story has two sides

Dan :}

(Sorry about KT unrelated message)