Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re:

From: Angel Bracamontes <nsab2@nursepo.medctr.ucla.edu>
Date: 24 Feb 1996 06:19:57 GMT
Subject: Re:
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucsd.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

llovich@aol.com (Llovich) wrote:

> I just finished watching a 1968 Francios Truffault film called "The Bride
> Wore Black," a Hitchcock hommage in which a woman (played by Jeanne
> Moreau) systematically kills the five men responsible for the death of her
> husband as the couple left the church after their marriage. She keeps a
> LIST wherein she ticks off the name of each man after she kills him in her
> revenge.

> So, OK, here's the question, has KTB ever mentioned this film in
> connection with "The Wedding List" or is this another synchronicity? It
> wouldn't strike me as anything out of the ordinary that she's seen this
> film, I just don't recall any mention of her having done so anywhere.

	I know others have already answered your question, so I'll
just add this bit of 'almost' information:

	I actually did the chapter search for MGM/UA's laser disc
release of that film, which involves 'breaking' the story into
suitable segments and then giving them titles. Those titles are then
printed on the back of the laser disc sleeve.

	I used "The Wedding List" for the scene where she's in the
airport and pulls out a list of addresses (I think...it's been awhile).
Anyway...this little homage to Kate didn't make it to the final laser
release. I'm not sure why, but I was edited! (grrrr.)

	But they used all my other stuff -- even the other 'pop'
reference I used to 'Basic Instinct.' I titled the scene where she
gets herself put in prison in order to get close to the last victim
"Basic Inmate."   :-)

Robb