Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Smith Van Civ UCSS/PRC <smithv@usafe16.ramstein.af.mil>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 96 21:37:00 PST
To: "'RMG'" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Encoding: 48 TEXT
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

From: overdijk@noord.bart.nl
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 18:42:00 +0100
Subject: The Red Shoes - movie

>Hello to all fellow Love-Hounds,

Hi Richard!

     (snip!)
>showing the original movie `The Red Shoes' by Micheal Powell and Emeric
     (snip!)
>However, that's not all. The film preceding `The Red Shoes' is another film
>by Powell and Pressburger and that one is called `Gone to Earth'! Well, is
>it just me or are weird things happening at the BBC?

Wow!  That's almost "Strange Phenomena"!  You've done your homework
here Richard!  Sylvian (and Karn and Jansen and Isham) are definitely
worth a listen if you haven't heard them.  And I list both the above albums
*very* high up on my personal list of best albums ever made.

     (snip!)
>Archers (Powell & Pressburger) who are both from (get this!) 1948!

Not to mention *Ann Archer*, who, as several of us Love Hounds
concur, can strongly resemble our Goddess.

>Anyway (had to share this), have fun with the movies.

Thanks!  Wish I got BBC 2, and I might soon!

     (snip!)
>(p.s. hi to Van! Sorry about the video-trouble)

Richard, you're part of my problem!  ;-)   Just kidding...thanks
for the sentiment.  Still trying to overcome the minor setbacks
folks.  If I could just get a *day off* (10+ hour days five straight
weeks!!!) I think I could make headway!

Sometimes, contracting really bites.  Even considering tax-
free bucks.

Van

PS:    Extra special thanks to Edward for the Home Demos (in
advance).  Hope to be with the Tiger Team soon on trying to
figure out the lyrics!