Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A strange, but wonderful Dreaming

From: David Benson <dobenson@intserv.com>
Date: 20 Feb 1996 19:11:15 GMT
Subject: A strange, but wonderful Dreaming
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

  Perhaps I've been working on the Kate Bush Web Page too much
lately: installing a search engine; hassling with perl scripts
to build a guestbook and the Talk to Kate page; putting up the
Kate Bush Web; and hundreds of lines of text, photos and
movies.
  Too much, really.
***
  I had this dream this morning. I was able to go to a Kate
concert. The music was beautiful, haunting, surreal. When it
was over, I realized that there were t-shirts available, but I
had no money.
  I raced out of the concert hall, back to my house (early
de-construction, kind of like the houses in Eraserhead). I got
$20 and made it back to the hall wearing only a pair of pants
and a long coat; I remember thinking I'd left my shirt at home
so I could put on the t-shirt immediately.
  The hall was empty. The salesman gone. I was about to leave
when the scene shifted. I was outside, again in an
Eraserhead-type setting. There was a shattered building behind
me, and a large yellow schoolbus in front.
  The schoolbus was Kate's touring vehicle, and she was
holding court in the building behind me.
  I looked around and saw Kate.
  Then I realized that everyone, male and female, looked like
Kate. Some were brothers and sisters. Others were roadies.
There were very young Kates (9-10 years old) and more mature
Kates (35-50).
  But there was only one real Kate.
  Kate didn't talk to me in this Dreaming, but her much
younger look-alike sister did. She got me the t-shirt, white
with orange flames and the words "LoveHound".
  I stashed myself and the t-shirt in the bombed-out building,
and listened to Kate (though she still never spoke) and her
court.
  I woke up, but I can't find the t-shirt.
***
  Yep. Definitely spending waaaaayyy too much time
programming. I need a break. I think this time I'll just
listen to The Red Shoes and not try to figure out how to get
it online.

David Benson
No Dead Trees
Kate Bush Web