Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Singing Along

From: David Benson <dobenson@intserv.com>
Date: 17 Feb 1996 19:04:15 GMT
Subject: Re: Singing Along
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

  I usually hum, though the best was a single wild night in the hinterlands of
Alabama (that's in the southern area of the U.S.)
  Sitting in my apartment, the door open, and Hounds of Love loud on the
stereo, I was seized (quite literally) by the impulse to write. I've written and
published poetry off and on for years, and it was on this night that I wrote one
my finest.
  A friend came by later in the evening and worried at my state: wild-eyed,
uncommunicative, mad and single-minded.
  I wrote until I was done.
  It was that night that opened my eyes to Kate's music. She explores areas of
humanity in tone and range that all should see.

David
No Dead Trees
http://www.acy.digex.net/~dobenson/benson.html