Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate on MST3K

From: "Doug A. Scott" <wa929@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 12:55:29 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Kate on MST3K
To: MCQUARRF@ucfv.bc.ca
cc: love-hounds@gryphon.com, MCQUARRF@ucfv.bc.ca
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

On Thu, 15 Feb 1996 MCQUARRF@ucfv.bc.ca wrote:

> The Fox station in our area is running the Mystery Science Theatre 3000 Hour -
> asyndicated version of the show that's on Comedy Central. For non-CC
> subscribers, it's this show where two robots and a guy watch old movies and
> make wisecracks about the action.
>
> Anyhow, the film this week was that great epic "Viking Women And the Sea
> Serpent"...and at the start of the film the "bad" Viking woman (you can tell
> she is bad because she has long dark hair and all the other Viking babes have
> long blond hair :) ) comes out from behind a tree and throws a spear. And one
> of the robots says "Look! It's Kate Bush!"
>
> Well, I was thrilled to bits....

Oooh, I love MST3K!!  I'm a Canadian, so I don't get CC and had to
discover it through syndication, but almost immediately joined the fan
club.  This is the second mention of Kate that I've noticed.  On "Space
Travellers," Joel and the bots give a list of inventions and discoveries
that came about due to the space race (swirled yogurt - essential to
space travel; the Thingmaker!; etc).  As they re-enter the theatre after
commercials, they continue for a second and, sure enough, "...Kate
Bush!..."  I didn't know we had so much to thank NASA for :-)

  "What do you think, sirs?"             Doug A. Scott
					 wa929@freenet.victoria.bc.ca
					 Victoria, BC, Canada