Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Singing along

From: yaye@pipeline.com (Samantha Pena)
Date: 15 Feb 1996 19:18:03 -0500
Subject: Re: Singing along
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

On 2/14 Doug A. Scott spoke, and it sounded something like:

>On 14 Feb 1996, Ellen van Neck wrote:
>> etc. Those few people that have listened to my singing along, said I
sang really
>> alike... ;-) well I don't know about that, but I sure thought of it as a

>> compliment.
>>
>>I am really interested to know how you fellow Love Hounds "react" to
Kate's
>> music. In complete silence or humming or singing or ... ?
>>(Well maybe that is just for me to know if my behaviour is "normal"?)

>Actually, I usually find myself singing along with the back-up vocals
>rather than the main bit.
>Example: Running up That Hill:  Kate: "Do you wanna hurt me?"
				Me: "Yeah-yeah-yo"
>Silly, isn't it?

Were it not for trying to push my natural contralto into the etherregions
of Kateness in order to avoid singing songs from albums preceding The
Dreaming one octave lower than written, I would have never discovered the
joys of falsetto leading to a fullblown ability to soprano it up when
necessary.  Ah, my Katie, she never steered me wrong!  I even learned to
let loose and "I love life!" (from "Pull Out the Pin", as if I have to
mention) in a total lion roar not unlike the Lady's own.

I love to sing with Kate.  And behind Kate.  And even add onto that which
Kate has already wrought.

Lucky for me, my voice is so unlike Kate's, that no one should be able to
detect my thievery -- so   hopefully I won't have to face Tori-like curses
from this ng when I foist my own compositions into the collective public
ear.

Love!
--

Yaye Kazu

"Everybody should be able to make some music -- it's the cosmic dance!"
Maude to Harold in "Harold & Maude"