Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

PHOENIX: The Kate Bush demos, history update 1

From: Wieland Willker <willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 11:20:42 -0100
Subject: PHOENIX: The Kate Bush demos, history update 1
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hello friends,
I got in touch with several knowledgable persons and learned the following new
facts: (I won't name my sources, but they are some of the best we can have.)

Okay: without guaranty, but to the best of my knowledge:

1. OUR piano demos are from Nov. 1975 or BEFORE!
This date is written on DJ XX XX's *reel* tape (no C60!). We don't know if this
is KaTe's original or an EMI copy, so this date can be either the arrival
date or an
EMI copying date. It MIGHT be also a recording date. But anyway the original
recording had to be done before or at this date!

2. The Early Years LP demos are EARLIER, e.g. from ca. 1973 and are piano-only
songs!
And the song "Davey" on this record is not "While Davey Dozed", but an early
version of the song "Maybe". The version, KaTe played on Personal Call 1979 is
recorded in Aug. 1973 with Gilmour and the Unicorn band members (PTA Session).
The third version is recorded in June 1975 in the Three Song Session.

3. It's def. "Rinfi". The DJ spells it during the broadcast!

4. It's rather unlikely that the demos on the EP's are from DJ XX XX's tape.
This indicates ANOTHER source resting somewhere in a dark boxroom in the US!

5. Now, this is the hottest, but unfortunately the most frustrating news: A
demo
version of "The Man with the child.." had been played once over the air in
the US!
Yes folks, you missed it!

OOoooooeeeeeaaarrggguuuooorglllllmmmppfff...!!!!!