Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Ninth Wave and other things...

From: Ellen van Neck <100411.2450@compuserve.com>
Date: 14 Feb 96 14:29:00 EST
Subject: The Ninth Wave and other things...
To: Love-Hounds <Love-Hounds@gryphon.com>
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

I completely agree with Alan.

Most of the times I "see" the emotions from the song. Is that a film? Maybe.
In particular with TNW I also have this very clear film in my mind. And every
time
at the start of The Morning Fog I am shocked by the brightness and freshness
of it, I was so  far away listening to Hello Earth. For me its really like the
sun is shining in my eyes in the very clear light of morning.

I must say, sometimes it is a bit tricky. Most of the time I listen to Kate's
music while I am driving in my car. I am taken away by the music that much that
the traffic around me is another world. In my car I am surrounded by a world
created by Kate and I feel really good in it.
Then suddenly, it is like a "pop", I notice the morning traffic jam again and
realise that I am here in this cold dreary country of mine.....

It is also true that, whenever I hear Kate's music, I start singing along...
And I practice on the lyrics - so I know them by heart, on the breathing - so I
am not surprised anymore when to take a really deep breath to finish the chorus
etc. Those few people that have listened to my singing along, said I sang really
alike... ;-) well I don't know about that, but I sure thought of it as a
compliment.

I am really interested to know how you fellow Love Hounds "react" to Kate's
music. In complete silence or humming or singing or ... ?
(Well maybe that is just for me to know if my behaviour is "normal"?)

Ellen.