Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

One up, One down

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (stev0)
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 1996 23:06:43 -0800
Subject: One up, One down
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi -

Last week a NEW Kate Page popped in on the scene,
by our very own Vickie:

http://miso.wwa.com/~vickie/artists/kb.html

This is mostly an HTMLized version of the review I
did of all the Web Pages.  A top-notch version she
did, too (I started doing this, then got distracted).
At the risk of taking myself too seriously, I do have
to give this one 5 stars - even if I didn't write it,
I'm a sucker for indices.

Speaking of which, check out her index of Artists
of Interest to the Lovehounds/Ecto crowd:

http://miso.wwa.com/~vickie/artists/artists.html

A five-star resource, sort of like The Ultimate Band
List or Yahoo's Band List (both of which she quotes,
with credits, extensively) diluted so there's all signal
and no noise.

Also, Open Note to Vickie, but of interest to everyone
else.  In my review of "pages to see first", I now realize
I was being far too U.S. Centric (one of my Pet Peeves
of the Month); I still maintain the Ultimate Band List
Kate Card is the first page you should see on your
Web Travels with Kate; perhaps Vickie's should
be your second (and if Vickie promises to maintain it,
and knowing her, she will, I will reverse the order of
those two).  But the THIRD page you should see:

For folks in the U.S. - David Benson's Kate Page
For folks in Europe - Cloudbusting
For folks in Australia - Lionheart

And, on a less Happy note (yes, that's an inside joke),
the page "Under the Ivy" was forced to take down all
its pictures.  It STILL has lots of info that makes it
worth taking a peek at, but its claim to fame, those
wonderful Top of the Pops pictures, are no more.  Too
bad...

- Stev0 the Blue-ribboned

"Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom
of speech..."  Until now, that is.