Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Bush Covered

From: mfgr@bart.nl (Marcel Rijs)
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 21:12:13 -0100
Subject: Re: Kate Bush Covered
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi,

This plunged into my mailbox recently:
>From: Madieu@news-e2a.gnn.com (Mr Mike)
>Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 01:11:10
>Subject: Amateur tribute compilation...
>
>Or something of that nature...
>
>Wasn't there someone a few months ago who was making a compilation
>tape of amateur love hounds doing covers of KaTe songs?
>
>Progress report?
>
>If in fact this is true, isn't it worth a re-post every few days?
>
>Anything to occupy myself while I wait for the next KaTesong to be
>released.

I am glad someone mentions it again. And yes, "Kate Bush Covered", the
compilation 'Mr Mike' is referring to is up and running. I wish I could
repost this message every few days, but then I feel people would grow
accustomed to the message and then just skip it. And that is of course not
my intention.

A progress report can be followed on the 'Kate Bush Covered' webpage
(http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/marcel/katebush ), where even two
MIDI files that will possibly be included can be downloaded.

I am continually on the lookout for talented people who want to try and
record their own version of one or more Kate Bush songs, and if you, dear
reader, feel that you can record something to contribute to this project,
please don't hesitate to e-mail me. The project will hopefully end by the
end of this year, but knowing the pace of Kate Bush I doubt that her fans
will work any faster.

So prove me wrong, then!

(Uli, an idea for the FAQ, maybe, BTW?)

Regards,
** Marcel F G Rijs - "Conan the librarian"
** Internet: mfgr@bart.nl
** CIS: 100276,2176
** WWW: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/marcel