Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Split with Del?

From: Amanda J Heath <mbrx5ajh@stud.man.ac.uk>
Date: 10 Feb 1996 12:45:37 GMT
Subject: Re: Split with Del?
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

E.L.Brookfield@mmu.ac.uk (E L BROOKFIELD) wrote:

> Reading a review of the new Tori album, the reviewer stated that it
> was recorded during the break up of a long term relationship and then
> proceeded to state `a similar situation to that faced by Kate Bush
> during the making of her last album`.
>
> Is this true?
> Forgive my prying, I know in the grand scheme of things it doesn't
> matter/ is none of my business...but I have listened to some of the
> tracks on The Red Shoes in a new light since.
> Any thoughts?
> Esther..x

Del and Kate have supposed to have been split since before the release
of the Elton John 'Two Rooms' album on which Kate performed Rocket Man.
I was told that a national newspaper in the UK ran a story about the
split at that time.
   I don't know about anyone else, but I heard it coming on TSW, but
dare not believe it at the time. Did anyone else get this impression
from that album?
   About Kate & Del, they are obviously still best friends because they
go everywhere in public together. Who knows, they may be bcak together?

Mandy xx