Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

it's been signed: the telecom LAW of 1996

From: "Alanna R. Price" <arp4991@is2.NYU.EDU>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 15:19:48 -0500 (EST)
Subject: it's been signed: the telecom LAW of 1996
To: lratclif@astro.ocis.temple.edu
Cc: arp4991@is2.NYU.EDU, gneff@astro.ocis.temple.edu, lgreen@astro.ocis.temple.edu, old-ways@flux.mindspring.com, felix@atc.ameritel.net, jph@sas.upenn.edu, emharvey@mhc.mtholyoke.edu, bneff@vm.temple.edu, molt@tiger.hsc.edu, rspier@astro.ocis.temple.edu, Scbdmoore@aol.com, BrnEyeGal9@aol.com, love-hounds@gryphon.com, rohn@architech.com, kevin@architech.com, gtomeo@netaxs.com, csc0119@is2.NYU.EDU, lqg9492@is2.NYU.EDU, tc930222@messiah.edu
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Apologies if this is a resend; it did not appear to go through the first
time.

I have read through the portions of the law that pertain to the net.  Did
not see anything regarding abortion.  That may be due to my naivete of
legalese...

I have the text of the 'Telecommunications Decency Act of 1996' available
-- i deleted the parts of the entire bill that did not relate to 'decency'
on the net.  I did not want to mail it to everyone here becuase it is a
rather hefty document, and those who pay for longer msgs would not be
happy... if anyone is concerned enough and wants to read it for
themselves, drop me a note and i will be happy to send it along.

We should get the real text of the document 'out there' via email...
people need to see this stuff -- see it for ourselves, think for
ourselves.  Again, please let me know if you want it, and pass it on.

In a week (which is as soon as i will be able) i will post this text on
my webpage...

     \ /	Alanna
     / \	arp4991@is2.nyu.edu
    (   )	212.443.6726