Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Ethics Regarding "Demos"

From: Emmy May Lombaerts <lombaeg@donald.interpac.be>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 1996 14:07:09 +0100
Subject: Ethics Regarding "Demos"
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

happy@ix.hell.com (barnstormer) wrote:

>If I remembered correctly, the "demos" were stolen from a vault
>and were never meant for us to hear.  I'm guilty as hell of acquiring
>copies of the bootlegs--they helped with the wait from TSW to
>TRS.  All these years, I've never heard Kate's position on these
>pirated releases.  Does any of you know how she felt?  (I need to
>know since I've felt so guilty for so long.)

       As far as I know, she wasn't very pleased with the demos appearing..
As we all know Kate is a perfectionist when it comes to her work, so I'm
sure it couldn't have been very pleasant for her to have songs of hers
released that weren't quite finished and not (yet?) meant for the public..

     I know how you feel, though, barnstormer.. Although I didn't feel very
guilty about getting the demos, sometimes when I listen to them I do feel
like I'm looking through Kate's personal diary, and that I really shouldn't
be doing that..

                   Emmy.

Emmy May Lombaerts
lombaeg@mail.interpac.be
http://www.ping.be/~ping2242/emmy.html

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-
'Caught a lite sneeze, dreamed a little dream, made my own pretty hate
machine' ~ Tori Amos
o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-