Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

PHOENIX, the Kate Bush Demos - The Songtitles

From: Wieland Willker <willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 1996 12:02:50 -0100
Subject: PHOENIX, the Kate Bush Demos - The Songtitles
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

       P H O E N I X

"Just like the phoenix really. Once every two years she rises out of the
ashes to  once more bestow a touch of mysticism, a hint of myth, and a
copious supply of  inspired vision upon the burned-out landscape we call
the charts."  (Melody Maker 24th August 1985)

Kate Bush Demos - The Songtitles

  [in alphabetical order]

The titles not in brackets are the Phoenix broadcast titles.

********************************
If there's anybody out there, who has any reasons or arguments against the
use  of these titles as 'semi-official', speak up NOW! I don't think, we
should spend too  much time on the titles. There are more interesting
things to do.
********************************

Everybody agrees? Yes? Okay, then hands down, please.

What follows is a list of various titles that are in use for the demo
songs. All titles  in brackets are uncertain (i.e. more uncertain than the
Phoenix titles) or wrong. Try  to use the Phoenix titles only and prepare
your Demos-CD with these titles! This  helps to avoid confusion.

Note: Organic Acid and Scares Me Silly are not from the Phoenix broadcast.
They are added for completeness sake.

(A Rose Growing Old) It Hurts Me
(Before the Fall) Organic Acid
(Carmilla) Surrender Into The Roses
Come Closer To Me Babe
(Craft of Life) The Craft of Love
(Coming Up) Surrender Into The Roses
Dali
(Davy) While Davy Dozed
Disbelieving Angel
(Eddie the Queen) The Gay Farewell
(Feeling Like a Waltz) It Hurts Me
(Ferry Me Over) Dali
Frightened Eyes
(Garden By The Willow) Something Like A Song
(Goodnight Baby) Come Closer To Me Babe
(Hold Me) While Davy Dozed
(Hot in the Ice) On Fire Inside A Snowball
(In My Garden) Something Like A Song
(In My Lovers Room) Rinfi The Gypsy
(I Don't See Why I shouldn't) Rare Flower
It Hurts Me
(Keeping Me Waiting) Stranded At The Moonbase
(Lionhearts) Where Are The Lionhearts
Nevertheless, You'll Do
On Fire Inside A Snowball
(On the Rocks) Where Are The Lionhearts
Organic Acid
(Playing Canasta in Cold Rooms) Rinfi The Gypsy
(Pick the Rare Flower) Rare Flower
(Queen Eddie) The Gay Farewell
Rare Flower
(Really Get's Me Going) Scares Me Silly
Rinfi The Gypsy
Scares Me Silly
(Set In The Snow) On Fire Inside A Snowball
(Snow) On Fire Inside A Snowball
(Snow Bowl) On Fire Inside A Snowball
Something Like A Song
So Soft
Stranded At The Moonbase
Surrender Into The Roses
(The Craft of Life) The Craft of Love
The Craft of Love
The Gay Farewell
(The Air Is Getting Low) Stranded At The Moonbase
(To Be With You) So Soft
Where Are The Lionhearts
(Who is Sylvia?) Come Closer To Me Babe
While Davy Dozed
(You're Soft) So Soft

I think, many of you have the "Cathy's Home Demos" CD (29 tracks). What
follows is my list with the correct durations. All you have to do is to
set 'tabs' at the appropriate places and select a small font to fit it
into the CD-box.
Everybody else can make his own insert easily with the above list.

Phoenix broadcast	Often referred to as:	Others:	Duration

1. 	Babooshka 1 (Piano version)			2'02
2. 	Kashka from Baghdad			2'30
3.	Surrender into the Roses, 	Carmilla	Coming Up	1'28
4. 	Oh, to be in love			3'07
5.	Rinfi the Gypsy, 	Playing Canasta In Cold Rooms	In My Lover's Room	4'07
6.	On Fire Inside a Snowball, 	Hot In The Ice	Snow Bowl, Set In The Snow	2'27
7.	Dali, 	Ferry Me Over		3'03
8.	Where Are the Lionhearts, 	On The Rocks	Lionhearts	2'23
9. 	Violin			2'07
10.	The Craft of Love, 	The Craft of Life		2'56
11.	The Gay Farewell, 	Eddie The Queen	Eddie	2'27
12.	Something Like a Song, 	In My Garden	Garden By The Willow	2'10
13. 	Frightened Eyes			3'15
14. 	Nevertheless You'll Do			1'57
15.	Come Closer to Me Babe, 	Who Is Sylvia ?	Goodnight Baby	3'47
16.	So Soft, 	You're Soft	To Be With You	2'46
17.	Rare Flower, 	I Don't See Why I shouldn't	Pick The Rare Flower	2'59
18. 	Babooshka 2 (rhythm box)			1'59
19. 	The Kick Inside			3'39
20. 	Hammer Horror			2'41
21.	It Hurts Me, 	Feeling Like A Waltz	A Rose Growing Old	2'54
22.	Stranded at the Moonbase, 	Keeping Me Waiting		2'52
23.	While Davy Dozed. 	Davy		3'09
24. 	Disbelieving Angel			2'10
25. 	Don't push your foot on the heartbrake		2'52
26. 	Kite			2'45
27. 	L'Armour looks something like you		2'11
28. 	Strange Phenomena			2'40
29. 	Scares me Silly	Really Gets Me Going		3'12