Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Inscription on Sat In Your Lap "Well done JB first Dan"

From: Wieland Willker <willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 11:54:48 -0100
Subject: Inscription on Sat In Your Lap "Well done JB first Dan"
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

What does this mean?
This question arises every year or so and IED's canonical answer is always
that JB is John C. Bush, who is into martial arts. This is a good guess,
but yesterday I found this interview quote:

(from: The Dreaming Debut  Radio 2  Sept. 13, 1982)

I: ... And Colin [who called in] also says, "in Sat In Your Lap cover
   it's written 'well done J.B....'" and he wants to know who J.B. is.
K: J.B. is a guy called John Barrett who certainly deserves to be
   congratulated 'cause he did something very clever. [Laughs]
I: Very clever, you're not going to tell us anything further. No?
K: Nope!

Now, have a look at the SIYL sleeve: A John Barrett is listed under the
assistant engineers!

Best wishes
    Wieland, KaTe's archivist

-----------

Classical Kate-quotes:

- "I don't think I'm beautiful" ...
- "I never went out and beat up old ladies or became an alcoholic at
   school"...
- "Talking about myself is really boring"...
- "I don't know why people think my songs are strange - perhaps it's
   because I bathe in goats milk"...
- "Childish thinks amuse me, visual humour, slapstick, rude noises and
   silly faces"...
- "And please don't call me an elf again, I'm sick of it, I'm not an elf,
   I'm a woman. I'm not the little goody-goody everybody thinks I am."
- "I'd rather hang on to madness than normality"...
- "Some lyrics take a long time to come, others just come out like...
   like... diarrhoea."...
- "There will always be some who are irritated by me. I seem to irritate a
   lot of people, and in a way that's quite a good thing." ...
- [About The Dreaming album] "But I think a load of people won't like it.
   They probably won't understand what it's about."
- [Love:] "It's just a terrible feeling, the thought of people having
   gone without the right amount of feedback. I think that really fucks
   people up."
- "I have a lot of vivid dreams, most of which I can't mention."
- [About Deeper Undertanding] "I dont have a downer on computers at all. I
   think they're really good and very important"
- [About Love and Anger] "Really, it was a bugger, that song. And in some
   ways I *still* don't know what I'm wanting to say. But what the hell..."
- "There's some really bad stuff happening in pop music, isn't there?"