Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: French Grammar

From: brian_jones@ajc.com
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 16:51:59 -0400
Subject: Re: French Grammar
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

In article <960124123126.6cf7@ucfv.bc.ca>, MCQUARRF@ucfv.bc.ca was just
all totally, like:

> Technically, the single gender term is correct. But in actual usage, there are
> more and more job-descriptive nouns that are recognizing that both men and
> women do those jobs.

...or acknowledging total surrender to a group of hypersensitive women.
The same thing is happening to the english language.

>... It's that feminism thing, you know :)

There was a time when every english-speaking person loved his language.
Now, every english-speaking person loves their language.

Except me.

> Cheers, Fiona
> une professeuse

Cheers, BJ (a newbie to the group)

--
"I got in touch with my sensitive feminine side...now I can be a *real* bitch."

"Hmmm...I always knew David Bowie would marry a man...er...Iman."