Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Ne T'enfuis pas

From: Wieland Willker <willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 1996 11:09:28 -0100
Subject: Re: Ne T'enfuis pas
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hello Stephane,

you wrote:
> (0) When translated in English, everybody will notice the similarity with
>    "The Morning Fog" : "I'm falling/Like a storm/Like a stone/Being born
again/
>    Into the sweet morning fog"

This is extremely interesting! Very good, Stephane.

Ne T'enfuis pas          The Morning Fog
---------------          ---------------
I am coming              I am falling
like a cat               like a stone, like a storm
And I fall
into your white wings    into the sweet morning fog
Like a feather

Okay, maybe coincidence. One of Kate's recurring images. But interesting!

I think, that

      Si les grands yeux de mon Dieu 	If my God's great eyes
      Ne me gardaient pas, 		Were not watching over me,
      Je te volerais 			I would steal you

is spoken by the second party, the 'angel' with the white wings. Is this
common sense?
Everything else is spoken by party 1, the 'feather'?

Why did party 2 fall from the sky, too?
Who are the two parties anyway?

Best wishes
    Wieland

PS:
If anybody wonders, what has happened to IED:
He's in England and is circling Premier Records by day and night to find an
unseen moment to sneak in. He looks a bit ragged and has staring eyes.