Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Why should I love you?

From: delius@ldd.net (del)
Date: 18 Jan 1996 19:48:35 GMT
Subject: Re: Why should I love you?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

In article <960117091419_22648187@hp1.online.apple.com>, RansomGroup1@eworld.com says:

>To: Steve ZPJ
>
>Steve,
>
>> Except, of course, that Kate has never written a bad song and cannot
>> be criticised. er, well, except Why Should I Love You, maybe.
>
>Kate is not responsible for "Why Should I Love You?" The artist formerly
>known as Prince was responsible.
>
>People who are so nearly perfect should probably not collaborate with
>those who are less so.
>
>Kevin Willis
>http://www.ransomgroup.com/al_phlipp/

being a big fan of both kate bush & the artist formerly known as prince, i have
to defend "wsily".  i think the song was wonderful.  the aspects of both artists
are clearly visible, and remarkable. and i don't think kate or any one else
in the world can be rated "so nearly perfect".  kate herself has even said
basically that perfection does not exist.  i think the artist formerly known
as prince deserves credit for his abilities.  he has written, produced, arranged,
and composed his music since the "for you".  he plays 30+ instruments.  say what
we will, the man is talented.