Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Has Kate already peaked?

From: Magnus Stromgren <masstn95@Student.UmU.SE>
Date: 15 Jan 1996 17:06:24 GMT
Subject: Re: Has Kate already peaked?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Emmy May Lombaerts <lombaeg@donald.interpac.be> wrote:

>That person over there, pointing at: barnster <notme@ix.hell.com>, said:
>
>>Honestly, "The Red Shoes" seems to be a decline for Kate after
>>the two previous masterpieces.  I'm not saying that TRS is as
>>bad as "Lionheart," but almost.
>
>       Hmm, I never thought "Lionheart" was bad... It did sound rather
>rushed, and not really finished, but I don't think it's bad by any means. I
>love "Don't push your foot on the heartbrake", "Coffee Homeground" and "In
>Search Of Peter Pan".

"Lionheart" seems a bit underrated. In my opinion, the first half of the album is
terrific. "Symphony in Blue", "Don't Push Your Foot on the Heartbrake" and,
especially, "In Search of Peter Pan" and "Oh England My Lionheart" are some of the
finest songs Kate has ever written. The latter half is a bit weaker.

Magnus Stromgren
(masstn95@student.umu.se)
Umea, Northern Sweden