Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Has Kate already peaked?

From: Emmy May Lombaerts <lombaeg@donald.interpac.be>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 1996 12:08:54 +0100 (MET)
Subject: Has Kate already peaked?
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

That person over there, pointing at: barnster <notme@ix.hell.com>, said:

>Honestly, "The Red Shoes" seems to be a decline for Kate after
>the two previous masterpieces.  I'm not saying that TRS is as
>bad as "Lionheart," but almost.

        Hmm, I never thought "Lionheart" was bad... It did sound rather
rushed, and not really finished, but I don't think it's bad by any means. I
love "Don't push your foot on the heartbrake", "Coffee Homeground" and "In
Search Of Peter Pan".

       Then, "The Red Shoes"... It took me ages to get into "The Sensual
World". I thought the Trio Bulgarka ruined a lot of it, although I'm sure a
lot of you guys would disagree with me on that, and I'm still not too fond
of them. It took a lot of listens before I discovered the jewels of TSW. But
still it's an album I don't play too often.

    Unlike  "The Red Shoes", however, which I liked immediately. Okay, so
"Rubberband Girl" wasn't really deep, and "Big Stripey Lie", IMHO, sounded a
bit like a reject from "The Dreaming" (my fave Kate-album by the way). But
"Top Of The City", "Moments Of Pleasure", "And So Is Love", and "The Song Of
Solomon" are brilliant. Not to mention "Constellation Of The Heart".. TRS to
me sounded once again like the Kate I know and love, whereas I found it hard
to 'recognize' her in TSW.

Then Paul Schatorjé <slw@euronet.nl> asked:

>Does someone know what's KT doing next?
      Only God and Kate herself know the answer to that one.  He wasn't in
when I called, and she's not saying... .

     And finally: Norman, the tapes are great! :)

                 Later folks!

                       Emmy.

Emmy May Lombaerts
lombaeg@mail.interpac.be
http://www.ping.be/~ping2242/emmy.html

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o
'This is not a conclusion, not a revolution, just a little confusion'
                   Tori Amos
o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o