Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Worst song?

From: nbuchwa1@ix.netcom.com (Norman Buchwald)
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 1996 02:48:08 GMT
Subject: Re: Worst song?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

lombaeg@donald.interpac.be (Emmy May Lombaerts) wrote:

>Patrick Descourtis wrote:
>

>>* For you, what's the worst song of Kate Bush ?
>       I've never been very fond of "Lord Of The Reedy River", although
>that's not really a Kate-song.. Her 'worst' song, IMHO, is "Between A Man
>And A Woman". It just doesn't say anything to me..  At the beginning, I
>wasn't very keen on "Deeper Understanding" either.. But that has grown on me :)
>
>>Perharps, Kate likes Prince; but me, I hate him...
>>Of course, I love her ... :)

>         I used to really like Prince, in the "Purple Rain"-days... And
>"1999".. I'm not too fond of his recent stuff, though...

>                             Later folks :)

>                                        Emmy.

A few months later (when I first posted my results to my own poll that
I still needs to be posted in its final version :) ) and I'd still say
"Rubberband Girl."   The video (MTV alt.) is a bit cool, but otherwise
that song still gets on my nerves.  "Big Stripey Lie" the extended
(overlong) mix of "Eat The Music," "Between A Man And A Woman," "Why
Should I Love U," "You Want Alchemy," "Show A Little Devotion,"
"Strange Phenomena," "Room For The Life," are others that I'm not too
nuts of.  Everything else I've liked (including all her demos
interestingly enough.  :)   )  Oh. . . and I like "Violin" just
because it's sort of neat to hear Kate do "heavy metal," practically.
I wouldn't want a whole album like that, though.  Kate didn't have a
unified concept album until "The Dreaming," I admit.  "The Wedding
List" and "Violin" should've been B-sides not album tracks for "Never
For Ever."

The Storm

We all have a dream . . . maybe?