Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

NE Florida, USA Love-Hounds?

From: Chris Smith at Indiana University <smithcj@indiana.edu>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 1996 14:03:09 -0500 (EST)
Subject: NE Florida, USA Love-Hounds?
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
cc: love-hounds-digest@gryphon.com, rec.music.gaffa@usenet.ucs.indiana.edu
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Y'all:

I am using this general forum to put out the word to NE Florida
love-hounds (apologies for the USA-specific content of this post):

I will be in Tallahassee, FL from 1/26/96-1/29/96, giving a paper at
the Annual Meetings of the Society for the Study of Film and Music --
specifically as part of the first annual meeting of the group called
LYRICA. The paper is entitled "'Like a Bell to a Southerly Wind:' Kate
Bush's 'Love and Anger,' a Performance-Centered Analysis."

I am wondering if anyone out there in the NE Florida area would be willing
to email me information on events, cool record stores, etc for the period
during which I'll be in your area. Would be happy to reciprocate by sneaking
you in to hear the paper (if that would be of interest).

Please feel free to email me. Many thanks.

regards,

cjs

Chris Smith - Lecturer, IU S.O.M.: "Popular Musics of the Non-Western World;"
  Radio Producer:"One World" WFIU-Bloomington, IN 103.7; Musician: "Altramar,"
  "Amandla Ugetsi," "TAARAB" and "B.O.M.B.;" Martial Artist: Shaolin Kung Fu
  WWW: http://bronze.ucs.indiana.edu/~smithcj/cjshome.html