Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: More stupid questions

From: Norman Buchwald <nbuchwa1@ix.netcom.com>
Date: 6 Jan 1996 21:15:46 GMT
Subject: Re: More stupid questions
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

anon2e52@nyx.cs.du.edu (Name withheld by request) wrote:

>I saw a boxed Kate Bush cd-set at a used record store
>about two years ago.  They wanted about $150 for it
>so I didn't get it (now I wish I did)

The Box Set, This Woman's Work usually runs at a new price for about
$190.  So probably yes.  I would've looked for Kate's trademark, the
photos, and printed lyrics for further authenticity, to make sure it's
not a bootleg.  There were copies made in Canada, the UK, and Japan.
(Germany, too, maybe?)

>I've never seen this boxed set since then.

In the U.S., you have to special order it, unless you have a big city
extra large Tower record store (or its equivalent) near you.  It was not
made in the U.S., because by the time of its release Kate was no longer
with EMI America in the U.S. (while she still was with EMI in the UK).

>Does anybody have any information about this set?

It contains all the albums Kate made up to The Sensual World, plus two
additional volumes of rare tracks, including B sides, her live EP, rare
singles, and extended mixes.  It certainly was not complete in its time,
but it's a big chunk of her work.  All lyrics are included for the
albums, and in the Japanese import, the lyrics for the B sides are also
included.  There's also a booklet of photographs as well.  The UK version
contains extra stickers containing her new symbol.

>What albums are in it?  How much does it cost?
>Is it still available anywhere?

I think I've answered above.  You can try CDNOW.  I believe it contains
the UK and Japanese imports, but you might find a better price elsewhere.
 It's address is:

http://cdnow.com

I'm very happy with my box set.  I play it all the time.  I highly
recommend it to any lovehound out there.

The Storm

We all have a dream . . . maybe?